Do you have Designated Driver tickets and Non-Drinking tickets available?
We do have Non-Drink General admission tickets available for Designated Drivers and anyone 13-20 years of age for sale only on event day. Designated Driver/Non-drink tickets are $25 and includes entry into the general admission Main Tasting Area where you can listen to two live bands, boogie on the dance floor, shop at the food and craft vendors, bid on the silent auction (must be 21 years or older to bid on silent auction) take a ride on the Rotary Boat and enjoy the beauty of the lake. Free water and other non-alcoholic beverages will be available for non-drinkers at designated booths in the Main Tasting Area. VIP Lounge Non-Drink tickets are available for anyone over 21 years old; sorry no children are allowed in the VIP Lounge. Designated Driver/Non-drink admission does not include consumption of alcohol. If you choose to consume alcohol you will have to purchase a drinking admission ticket or be asked to leave the event.
How do I receive my tickets once I purchase them?
If purchased on line:
- Tickets can be printed at home using a plain paper printer.
If purchased at a local box office:
- Tickets will be handed to you once you have made your final purchase.
Can I buy my ticket at the event?
If tickets are not sold out, then you will be able to purchase them on event day at higher prices. We recommend you buy them in advance online for the lower pre-sale price.
Designated Driver tickets and Non-Drink tickets will be available to purchase on event day for $25.
There are a limited amount of VIP tickets available, if VIP tickets have not sold out, you can purchase them.
Ticket sales end at 3:00 pm on event day.
What is in the VIP Lounge?
Situated on the stunning Casitas lakefront, the VIP Lounge canopy caters to wine and beer connoisseurs. VIP admission includes all benefits of general admission + Meet and Greet with Barefoot Wines & Bubbly at event’s VIP grand entrance and receive a glass of Barefoot Bubbly, one hour early intimate tasting of wines and beer in the Main Tasting Area starting at 11 am before the main crowd arrives, then opening at 11:30am, the VIP Lounge offers shared premium shaded seating along the stunning lakefront, fine wines & craft beers by the glass, spirits & hors d’oeuvres. No children allowed, must be 21 years or older to enter. Seating is limited and shared by all VIP guests. Click here for more information.
Do you offer a special group ticket rate?
Yes, we offer 2 tiers of group discounts: 10% off for groups of 10-19 people and 20% off for groups of 20 or more people. You can mix and match ticket types to reach your discount threshold unless purchasing online. Click here for more details.
What time does the Ojai Wine Festival start and end?
Gates open early at 11:00 am for VIP and Premier General Admission Ticket holders.
The VIP Lounge opens at 11:30am.
12:00 pm for General Admission Ticket holders.
The event ends at 4:00 pm.
What are your rules / restrictions for the event?
- You must be of legal drinking age to purchase a drinking ticket and consume alcoholic beverages and have valid proof of age before receiving your entry wristband. (21 years or older)
- You must purchase a VIP admission to enter the VIP Lounge.
- No one under 21 years of age is allowed to enter the VIP Lounge. Do not share alcoholic beverages with a Non-Drinking patron.
- You must be of legal drinking age to bid on the silent wine auction. (21 years or older)
- If you are bringing children to the event, they must be accompanied by paying adult and monitored at all times. Children are allowed in the Main Tasting Area, not the VIP Lounge.
- VIP food must be consumed inside the VIP Lounge area. You may not take food outside the VIP Lounge.
- No outside alcoholic beverages are allowed on premises – no exceptions
- No pets
- No comfort pets
- No large umbrellas or shade pop-ups
- All bags and coolers will be inspected before entering the event.
- No drugs
- No smoking except for designated smoking areas outside of the main event area.
- No weapons
- All vehicles must be empty in the event parking area by 7pm on event day when the gates are locked.
- All vehicles must be removed from the parking area by noon, the day after the event if left overnight. Any vehicles left after that time will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- By attending the event, you accept that pictures or video may be taken of you and used for advertising purposes.
What are you allowed to bring into the event site?
- Picnic baskets and coolers with food
- Non-alcoholic beverages in sealed containers
- Low rise chairs
- Small sun umbrellas, (If your umbrella is too large and causes a disruption, you will be asked to take it down.)
- Children are allowed in the Main Tasting Area and 12 years and under are free admission
- Seeing eye dogs are allowed with their accompanying blind owner
Where does the Ojai Wine Festival take place? I need directions to the Ojai Wine Festival, how do I get there?
The Ojai Wine Festival is held at Lake Casitas Recreation Area Event Site located at 11093 Santa Ana Road Ventura, CA 93001 always on the 2nd Sunday in June. Parking is directly across from the event site and costs $10 per car (cash only) or you can purchase online from our website and print out your parking pass. You may have to take a lengthy walk to get to the entrance depending where you are parked in the parking lot. There is no Valet or VIP parking. Handicapped parking is available.
Click here for maps & directions.
Where do I park and is there a parking fee?
Parking is directly across from the event site and costs $10 (cash only) day per car or you can purchase online through our website and print out your parking pass. You may have to walk a ways to get to the entrance depending on where you are parked in the parking lot. There is no Valet or VIP parking. There is a special parking lot for busses. Click here for details. Handicapped parking is available.
What if it rains?
Well we really need the rain but it has never rained at our event and we expect perfect weather again this year. This is a rain or shine event. The Festival will go on regardless of the weather. If it looks like rain, bring an umbrella! No refunds will be given. (The sun at the lake can be bright and you may get a sunburn. Bring sunscreen and wear a hat.)
Are there places to sit down? Are there picnic tables?
There are no chairs in the Main Tasting Area but there is a sprinkling of picnic tables with bench seats on the event site for your use. We do ask that you share with other patrons when you are finished eating. The majority of these tables are near the “restaurant row” on the far side of the event site. You may bring in low back chairs, blankets to lie on the grass and small sun umbrellas. We do not allow large umbrellas as they cause a disruption for patrons trying to watch the bands. If an umbrella is too large, we will ask you to take it down. The VIP Lounge does have limited seating and tables with umbrellas, which are meant to be shared by all VIP patrons.
Are there food vendors where I can purchase a meal or a snack?
Yes, there is a nice selection of local Ojai and surrounding area restaurants where you can purchase a meal or snack. Click here to see the selection of restaurants.
How many wines and beers can I taste?
Your admission ticket entitles you unlimited wine and beer tasting privileges. You will also be given a keepsake crystal wine glass and an event guide that lists all the wineries and breweries to choose from. Wines samples are 1 to 1 ½ ounces and beer is no more than 3 ounces. There will be over 250 wines and 30 craft beers to sample. There are spirits samplings in the VIP Lounge. Pace yourself and don’t overindulge! Spit buckets are provided along with water to drink.
What if I lose my ticket, or can’t come?
Keep your local box office tickets in a safe place! If they are lost there will be no refund, no replacements. If you have purchased them online through our website, we can resend you your confirmation and you will be able to print your tickets. Again, no refunds for any reason. By purchasing tickets to the Ojai Wine Festival you have just made the world a better place. The Ojai Wine Festival is a fundraiser for the Rotary Club of Ojai-West Foundation, a 501c3 non-profit organization. 100% of proceeds go to fund local community and international projects. Thank you for supporting the Rotary Club of Ojai West Foundation, Inc.
Are there places to stay in Ojai?
There are lots of nice hotels, Inns, Bed & Breakfasts and VRBO’s to stay at in Ojai and the surrounding areas. Casa Ojai Inn, The Emerald & Blue Iguana Inns, Su Nido Inn, and Ojai Valley Inn are a few great hotels to stay at.
Is the event site at the Ojai Wine Festival handicap accessible?
The event is not designed for handicapped individuals but there are level or paved areas where a handicapped person can easily move about in a wheelchair or by using a walker and handicapped bathrooms are furnished. Handicapped parking is available. Click here for Handicapped parking directions.
What important items should I bring with me to the event? Tips for a fun time:
Remember to bring:
- Your legal ID to show proof of age
- Your admission ticket. We will be scanning all tickets for entry into the event.
- $10 for parking fee, cash only at event or you can purchase them on our website and print them out.
Tips for a fun time:
- Wear comfortable shoes, the event site is large with some uneven grass areas, a few hills and some trees.
- Bring a hat and wear sunscreen.
- Bring chairs or a blanket to spread out on the grass to take a break, listen to the bands and enjoy the beautiful lake.
- There is a free shuttle from Ojai that runs every half hour. Roadrunner Shuttle and Limousine service also offers shuttles from area hotels or private pick up shuttles for a fee Click here for details (Link to Roadrunner Shuttle info)
- Gates open at 11:00 am for VIP and Premier General Admission Ticket holders / 12:00 pm for General Admission Ticket holders.
- The event ends at 4:00 pm, music ends at 4:30pm
- Don’t forget to pick up an Event Guide at the entry gate. This lists: all the wineries, breweries, vendors, restaurants, event map, details about the VIP Lounge and check out the Silent Wine Auction for some great buys!
- Bring some cash to buy a delicious lunch or snack at the wonderful array of restaurants on site.
I don’t want to drink and drive, do you have a shuttle I can take?
Good! Please consume safely. Bring a designated driver. If you cannot, there are public shuttle rides and private shuttle rides available for purchase through Roadrunner Shuttle and Limousine Service. They have convenient pick-ups at local hotels and the Ventura Train Station. There is also a free shuttle from Ojai that runs on the half hour at four convenient locations. Click here for details.
Where does the Ojai Wine Festival take place?
The Ojai Wine Festival is held at Lake Casitas Recreation Area Event Site located at 11093 Santa Ana Road Ventura, CA 93001 on the second Sunday in June.
Parking is directly across from the event site and costs $10 per car, cash only or purchase before the event online and print out your parking pass.
Are children allowed?
Although the event is not designed for children, we do allow children less than 13 years to enter free with a paid adult into the General Admission Main Tasting Area only. No children are allowed in the VIP Lounge. There is a small child’s playground in the event area and they are welcome to board the Rotary Boat for a ride when accompanied by an adult. Teens and young adults 13-20 years old may purchase a non-drinking general admission ticket for $25.
How can I become a craft vendor at the Ojai Wine Festival?
We have a limited number of craft vendor booths available for rent at the Ojai Wine Festival. If you would like more information, email our vendor coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you have a Silent Auction?
Yes, we do have a silent auction specializing in fine wines, craft beers, wine tastings, winery tours, gift baskets, olive oils and some lovely products from our craft and food vendors. You must be 21 years or older to bid on the silent auction.
I would like to volunteer.
There are volunteer opportunities at the Ojai Wine Festival. Click here for details.
What if I have a medical emergency during the event?
We have an ambulance at the event site and trained medical personnel available to help you with a medical emergency at all times.
Will there be police officers at the event?
Yes, we hire off duty police officers to work at our event. We also have a six security staff wearing a special security vest to help identify themselves to patrons that need help.
Who runs the Ojai Wine Festival and what are the funds raised used for?
The Ojai Wine Festival is a fundraiser for the Rotary Club of Ojai-West Foundation, Inc. a 501c3 non-profit organization. Since it’s inception the Ojai Wine Festival has raised over $1,270,000.00. All net proceeds from The Ojai Wine Festival will go to aid many important Rotary Community Service Projects in particular; science based field trips for elementary school students on the Rotary Floating Classroom. In addition The Rotary of Ojai West Foundation, Inc. supports many international projects that help protect the environment and drinking water, implement literacy programs, combat poverty, protect women and children’s health, eradicate polio worldwide and other diseases as well as support grants for Peace Projects. For a complete list of the Rotary Club of Ojai-West’s projects please see https://portal.clubrunner.
Can I bring my pet, emotional comfort animal, service dog, to the Ojai Wine Festival?
Pets are NOT ALLOWED into the event site. Lake Casitas Recreation Area does not allow animals or emotional support/comfort pets into the event site area where the Ojai Wine Festival occurs. It is part of our contract with them and we must abide by it. Emotional support dogs/animals are NOT covered under the ADA and are NOT ALLOWED into the Ojai Wine Festival event site, even if you have an ID for them. The Ojai Wine Festival can get very crowded and is not a good setting for animals to be in.
We understand that service dogs have an important purpose. We need to ask two questions of you:
Is your dog required because of a disability? If the answer is YES then we ask you:
What necessary tasks is your service dog trained to perform? If you can answer this question then you may bring your service dog into the event.
We expect that during the event, your Service Dog must be standing on all four legs on the ground with a leash on (as all service dogs are trained and required to do) and if you have a service dog vest, we ask that they wear it so patrons know that your dog is a service animal. If your Service Dog is interrupting other patrons with its behavior, is a danger to anyone or its conduct is not conduct acceptable in a Service Dog (barking, growling, stealing food from other patrons, knocking people over, jumping, or other aggressive behaviors), by law, we have the right to ask you to remove the dog from the premises to protect other patrons. Be prepared for a crowded setting that your service dog will have to navigate through.